My Aeolidia cohorts and I have returned from Alt Summit feeling charged up and ready to help you tackle your goals and plans this year!
I learned a lot, and I plan to share some of my notes with you in the newsletter and on the Oh My! blog as soon as I can get myself organized. For today, I wanted to share my favorite tips from the panel about how to brand yourself.
- Branding legitimizes you. Set yourself up to look more established than you are.
- Find a niche, and establish yourself as an expert.
- Plan to be in it for the long haul – don’t throw in the towel when things get rough.
- Write a brand statement so you can hold your projects and plans up against this statement to see if they fit with your brand.
- Make sure to be authentic, get personal, and be creative when broadcasting your message.
- It’s better to fail at something you love than to succeed at something you hate.
- You don’t have to be everyone’s cup of tea. Your message should attract the right people and repel the wrong ones.
After spending most of my time around family and friends who are often dubious about how stable my job is and unsure exactly what it is I do, it felt pretty great to be surrounded by hundreds of people who get it! Most everyone there was taking charge of their own future and building dream jobs for themselves. I’d love to know what I can do to help you out with your creative plans!
Shipshape Collective Freebie
Learn exactly how this handcrafted brand multiplied their sales nearly 10x in less than a year! This ebook doubles as a workbook for you to use to rebrand (or brand) your business.