For the past 20 years, we’ve been passionately supporting independent ecommerce brands. We believe in shopping small, and chances are, if you’re reading this you feel the same way. Our 2023 holiday gift guide embodies the spirit of giving and the joy of supporting small, design-forward businesses!
Cards + decorations
- Benzie – Felt pom pom garland: Celebrate the season in the felt pom colors of Peony, Foxglove, Cranberry, Moss, Fern, and Mint.
- a. favorite design – “reddi for the holidays” card: Nostalgic, cheeky, letterpress printed redi-whip-themed card.
- Em & Friends – “Deck Yourself” Cards: Festive and silly, the Deck Yourself (before you wreck yourself) holiday cards come in a handy 8-pack.
- Cedar + Pearl – Ornaments: Handmade in upstate NY, Cedar + Pearl crafts heirloom-quality holiday ornaments. Choose from wood, glass, or paper mache.
- Zeppa Studios – dog-themed ornaments: Perfect for the pet-lover on your list, Zeppa Studios offers over 250 breed designs to choose from.
Gifts for the home
- Lisa Congdon – Hold It Lightly: Limited edition screen-printed poster announcing Lisa’s first museum show. The “Hold It Lightly” exhibition will be on view at Saint Mary’s College Museum of Art until December 10th in Moraga, California.
- Ashley Longshore – Roar!: A Collection of Mighty Women: The perfect coffee table book for the art-loving feminist on your list. Each book is signed by the artist and features portraits of iconic women including Rosa Parks, Frida Khalo, Greta Thunburg, and many more!
- Schoolhouse – Lambswool Plaid Throw: Handwoven from 100% Merino Lambswool in Ireland exclusively for Schoolhouse and available in 3 plaid patterns. Check out their holiday collection for more nostalgic, heirloom-quality gift ideas.
- Nice Enough – Stickers: Made from 100% USA-sourced materials. Artist and founder Biff Ulm believes that doing what you love and being who you are is the ultimate form of rebellion. We couldn’t agree more!
- Three by three – Magnets: So many fun magnets to choose from including gnomes, dinosaurs, sloths, and sushi, just to name a few.
- Rifle Paper Co. – Stocking stuffers: An array of delightful little gifts such as pens, notepads, keychains, and more, all featuring the timelessly charming artwork that has made Rifle Paper Co. a household name.
- Another Studio – Houseplant decor: Perfect for the plant-obsessed, Another Studio creates flora-and-fauna-themed brass accessories for houseplants.
- Loftipop – Santa UFO camp mug: This whimsical and fun enamel camp mug features Santa getting beamed up into a UFO.
Gifts for kids
- eeBoo – Puzzles: Woman-Owned and Mother-Run, eeBoo offers puzzles, games, and art supplies. Their packaging and game components are created from 90% recycled post-consumer paper.
- SweetHoney – Christmas Village tea set: For little ones who love tea parties, this set is sure to be a big hit! Also, check out their Christmas collection for the cutest pajama sets.
- Baby Beau and Belle – Heirloom baby gifts: This shop has the sweetest holiday baby outfits that are perfect for dressy occasions. They also offer super-soft plush animals.
- Merci Milo – Toys: If there’s a kiddo on your list, you are sure to find the perfect gift in this shop. They have everything! Merci Milo is a small family-owned business that sources the highest quality, ethically made toys and goods for children.
Gifts for crafters
- Unwind Studio – Needlepoint kits: Fun and relaxing project kits for crafters of all ages and skill levels.
- Gather Here – “My Job is Craft” limited edition t-shirt: For the craft-obsessed person on your list.
- Snuggly Monkey – Spiral Sampler Beginner Embroidery Kit: This best-selling kit is perfect for people looking to start a new, relaxing hobby. Makers will learn all of the basic embroidery stitches while creating a mini work of art!
- Jen Hewett – Charm Club: Delight the quilter on your list with two screen-printed pieces of 10″x10″ quilting cotton fabric in two different designs each month, for a total of 24 pieces in 2024. All fabric is screenprinted by Jen.
Gifts for foodies
- Chocolate Season – Artisanal chocolate: Each piece is an edible work of art, made by hand with the same intentionality and care that you put into gifting them.
- Little Apple Treats – Martha Stewart gift box: Each box is filled with one Original Apple Cider Vinegar, one Meyer Lemon + Green Coriander Shrub, one Ginger + Hibiscus Shrub, and a recipe list. Little surprises complete the box to make it the perfect gift!
- Ayako & Family – Jam gift sets: A gift to yourself or someone you love. Each custom gift box includes three signature flavors: Apricot, Mirabelle, and Rhubarb.
- Worthwhile Paper – Inquire Within Oracle Deck: 53 hand-illustrated oracle cards to inspire inner wisdom, growth, and connectedness.
- Kate Ryan Skin Care – Create your own gift box: You get to hand-select all of the items to create a custom gift – beautiful packaging and wrapping is included!
- Whispering Willow – Tranquility Gift Box: Includes an assortment of all-natural, organic, lavender-scented bath products and a note card.
Gifts to wear
- Anne Vaughan Designs – Decadence Collection: Artisan jewelry, hand-crafted in Virginia. The Decadence Collection is their newest seasonal offering.
- Maison Miru – Jewelry: Maison Miru is a unisex system of jewelry – essential pieces that you can play with to endlessly remix and reimagine.
- Verloop – Socks: These are no ordinary socks! Verloop’s House Socks feature fun color-blocking. They are fully fleece-lined with non-slip patches, for cozy indoor wear.
- Sugar Paper – Gift wrap + tags: The finishing touch. Add a sweet complement to any special holiday gift with Sugar Paper’s classically elegant holiday wrapping paper, gift bags, stickers, and gift tags.
- Studio Carta – Ribbon: Made exclusively for Studio Carta in Italy, their luxe ribbons are made from 100% Italian cotton.
But wait, there’s more!
If you need some additional gift-giving inspiration please check out this incredible gift guide curated by our friends at Proof to Product, featuring independent makers and shop owners!
Could You Use Actionable Tips to Improve Your Sales?
Our weekly newsletter will give you the tools and info to drive traffic to your site, promote your products, and grow your business. You'll get the following:
- A week of our best-ever business-growing information
- Weekly tips to help you market and sell your products
- Access to our community of creative shop owners
- Arianne’s personal attention as you grow your business
Newsletter Sign Up
We write a new email each week to help you grow your business.
Let's take your online shop to the next level
The Shopify websites we design have a reputation for substantial improvements to ecommerce conversion rates and online sales. Let's talk!