1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of types of information. Some examples include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, payment method and payment information, billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include contact, purchase, and preference information, as well as your account password and other information about your profile or account;
- Location information of your device that you use with our mobile application, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information on a variety of locations on our Website. We may also obtain information about you during phone calls and from third parties. Some examples of how we collect information about you include:
- When you provide it, such as when you make a purchase, interact with a member of our team, submit a contact form, sign up for our newsletter, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, register to take an online course, or apply for employment.
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms that you use in connection with our Website, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use; and
- Through automatic collection methods, such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and server logs. As you use the Website, your browser and device communicates with servers managed by us or our trusted service providers to record the interactivity and to fulfill your requests for the Website.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
All of the information you provide to us during the newsletter signup process, through your use of our Website, and through any other interactions with us will be used in the following ways:
- To provide you with our products and services, such as to fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- To personalize your experience with us, including to remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services you like; facilitate your interactions with our team; tand rack and categorize your activity and interests on our website;
- For analytics, such as to understand how you use our Website; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our Website; and to improve our Website;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to protect our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; and address legal and regulatory compliance; and
- For our business purposes, such as to operate and improve our business; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to notify you about your orders or your transactions with us; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law.
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure, Aeolidia follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. These standards are reasonably designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information; protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of your personal information; and protect against unauthorized access to or use of your personal information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to you or any other Website user.
4. INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE AND WHEN WE DISCLOSE IT
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Companies affiliated with us, such as subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Aeolidia;
- Our trusted service providers, including but not limited to payment processors, verification service providers, and other third parties that you may directly authorize to receive your personal information. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect your personal information and are only allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our agreements with them;
- Parties to business transactions, such as to effect a merger or acquisition or to support the sale or transfer of business assets. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or other third parties to enforce our rights or protect our property; protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legitimate government request; as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law.
6. COMMUNICATION OPT-OUT
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
8. CHANGING, UPDATING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information enabling you to receive a confirmation from us as to whether we process any of your personal information and to receive a copy of such personal information.
- Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal information we have collected about you;
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object if we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it, or if we no longer need your data for our legitimate interests but we need to hold some of it for the purpose of legal proceedings.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Request deletion of your personal information (often referred to as “the right to be forgotten”). This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below, provide us with proof of your identity (a copy of your driver license, passport, or utility bill), and let us know the details of your request, for example, by specifying the personal information that is incorrect or the personal information you would like to access.
9. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
10. CONTACT US
11. EFFECTIVE DATE
A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Website. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or devices, which are then transmitted back to servers managed by us or our trusted service providers by your computers or devices.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session cookies” are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent cookies” are more permanent and are stored on your computer or mobile device even after you exit your browser.
The cookies we use include Google Analytics, AddThis, Clutch, Facebook, Vimeo, and ConvertKit. To find out more about each of these cookies, please visit each respective website. If you would like to find out more about cookies generally, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. PIXEL TAGS AND WEB BEACONS
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on our Website or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages (such as our newsletter), the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action and send the notice to us or our trusted service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to and improve our Website and our communications to you.
3. WEBSITE COOKIE ACCEPTANCE AND OPTING OUT
If you wish to opt out of having cookies set on your browser or device as described above, you may manage the settings on your browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may disable many of the features available through the Website and therefore recommend that you leave cookies enabled.
Because there is no current industry standard, Aeolidia does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
5. CONTACT US
6. EFFECTIVE DATE
Get More Traffic & Make More Sales