What podcasts do you listen to? I asked the gang in our Facebook group for shop owners about their favorite podcasts and I was able to compile this list of your favorite podcasts for creative entrepreneurs. I like how this list shaped up to be a good mix of nitty-gritty business podcasts, “business of craft” podcasts, and creative inspiration. Enjoy — and feel free to add links to your own favorites in the comments if you don’t see them listed here.
- The Accidental Creative, by Todd Henry. “The Accidental Creative podcast shares how to build practical, everyday practices that help you stay prolific, brilliant and healthy in life and work. Host Todd Henry (author of the books The Accidental Creative, Die Empty, and Louder Than Words) interviews artists, authors and business leaders, and offers tips for how to thrive in life and work.”
- Adventures in Design, by Mark Brickey. “America’s only daily morning talk show for creatives just like you. Exploring the reality of trying to live your creative dreams. Sometimes educational, sometimes off topic but always entertaining!”
- Amy Porterfield. “Expert interviews, mini execution plans, and intimate behind-the-scenes secrets from my biggest launches… all tied together by my mission to make EVERYTHING you listen to as actionable and profitable as possible.”
- Being Boss, by Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon. “Being Boss is a podcast for creative entrepreneurs with Emily Thompson & Kathleen Shannon. Our listeners (our tribe!) want to ‘be boss.’ They are the rebels, the quiet ones, the schemers, and the dreamers! So our stories, advice and interviews are about being boss the way we choose, and being who we are in work and life!”
- Boss Mom, by Dana Malstaff. “Where women in all stages of raising their business and family go to get tools, tips and support to help make their boss mom lives just a little bit easier.”
- Brilliant Business Moms, by Beth Anne Schwamberger. “The Brilliant Business Moms Podcast interviews mom entrepreneurs who are succeeding in online business while spending time with their families.”
- Build My Online Store, by Terry Lin and Travis Marziani. “Started in 2012, Build My Online Store is one of the longest-running e-commerce podcasts on iTunes. Travis runs a store called B Dancewear, a family business that sells made-to-order dance clothing. In May 2017, he started a new company called Performance Nut Butter on Kickstarter. Terry runs a store called Forever Home that sells cat & dog blankets which also launched on Kickstarter.”
- Christy Wright’s Business Boutique. “Christy will inspire and equip you, answer your questions about business, and share success stories from other women just like you.”
- Creative Mornings. Creative Mornings is a monthly breakfast talk for the creative community that takes place in over 125 cities. The podcast features some of Creative Mornings’ best talks.
- Creative Pep Talk, by Andy J. Pizza. “I make the Creative Pep Talk Podcast to help commercial artists make money making awesome work.”
- Dear Handmade Life, by Delilah Snell and Nicole Stevenson. “This bi-weekly podcast features drinks and discussions on creative business, DIY, craft and design for entrepreneurs and makers. Each week we’ll feature a drink (sometimes it will be a cocktail and other times it may be a favorite tea or juice).”
- Design Life FM, by Charli Prangley and Femke. “A show about design and side projects for motivated creators.”
- Drop and Give Me 20, by Lindsey Germono. “Drop and Give Me 20 is a podcast for military entrepreneurs. Each episode is 20 minutes long, giving entrepreneurs a glimpse into the life of other successful military entrepreneurs—learning from their obstacles, and gaining insight and inspiration. Podcast episodes focus on the stories, challenges, and wins military entrepreneurs have faced in their businesses.”
- Entreleadership, by Ken Coleman. “The EntreLeadership Podcast features lively discussions and tips on leadership and business by some of the top minds in the business, like Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins and Simon Sinek.”
- What Works, by Tara McMullin. “Covers money, management, culture, media, philosophy, and more to figure out what’s working (and what’s not) today.”
- How I Built This, by Guy Raz on NPR, “is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world’s best-known companies and brands. If you’ve ever built something from nothing, something you really care about — or even just dream about it, check out How I Built This.”
- Your Simple & Spacious Business, by Jen Carrington. “A podcast for people aching to build an impactful, fulfilling, and sustainable creative life and business.”
- MarieTV, by Marie Forleo, also available in podcast form. “MarieTV is our award-winning weekly show. It’s full of wit, wisdom, and actionable ideas to help you create a business and a life you love. It’s written, produced and created by me (Marie) and my amazing team. We’re beyond thrilled to have an audience of all ages in 195 countries worldwide. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.”
- My Wife Quit Her Job, by Steve Chou, “an interview-based show where I bring in small business entrepreneurs who are killing it online. But there’s a twist. All of the entrepreneurs on my show bootstrapped their businesses and started their own ventures to improve their lifestyle in some way.”
- The Potters Cast, by Paul Blais. “My main goal with The Potters Cast is to serve the community of ceramic artists and potters around the world by bringing interviews of other ceramicists straight to you. My hope is that while these shows are listened to that you will be challenged, encouraged, and inspired for your own creative endeavors.”
- Shopify Masters, by Felix Thea. “Shopify Masters provides the knowledge and inspiration you need to build, launch and grow a profitable online store, featuring interviews with successful e-commerce entrepreneurs, unpacking how they’re building businesses that allow them to live the life they want.”
- Simple Pin Podcast, by Kate Ahl. “The Simple Pin Podcast is a show dedicated to using Pinterest to boost your business. I interview people using Pinterest in creative ways to build their email list and increase revenue. In addition, I’ll bring you the latest updates, trends, and tips for maximizing your efforts without wasting your time. No crazy hacks to ‘game the system’ just solid advice you can use to grow your Pinterest presence.”
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast, by Pat Flynn. “Weekly interviews, strategy, and advice for building your online business.” (Pat Flynn also hosts the Ask Pat podcast, “answering your online business questions five days a week.”)
- StartUp, from Gimlet media. “StartUp is a podcast about what it’s really like to get a business off the ground.”
- Stop Sucking at Business, by Megan Brame. A podcast for creative small business owners.
- Thrive by Design, from Flourish and Thrive (Tracy Matthews and Robin Kramer). “Combines Tracy’s personal experience as a designer with Robin’s expertise in client relationships, sales, branding and business systems. Together they offer a depth of insight and knowledge you won’t find anywhere else… and they keep things fun!”
- The Tim Ferriss show, “generally the #1 business podcast on all of iTunes, and it’s been ranked #1 (of all 300,000+ podcasts) on many occasions. It is the first business/interview podcast to pass 100,000,000 downloads, and it has been selected as iTunes’ Best of 2014, Best of 2015, and Best of 2016 (most downloaded). Each episode, I deconstruct world-class performers from eclectic areas (investing, sports, business, art, etc.) to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use. This includes favorite books, morning routines, exercise habits, time-management tricks, and much more.”
- While She Naps, by Abby Glassenberg. “I talk with designers and makers about what it really takes to build a creative business. Then we recommend great stuff we’re loving right now.”
Hopefully, you’ve found some new content to inspire you in your own creative business endeavors. Happy listening!
What are your favorite podcasts for creative entrepreneurs? Let us know in the comments!
Could You Use Actionable Tips to Improve Your Sales?
Our weekly newsletter will give you the tools and info to drive traffic to your site, promote your products, and grow your business. You'll get the following:
- A week of our best-ever business-growing information
- Weekly tips to help you market and sell your products
- Access to our community of creative shop owners
- Arianne’s personal attention as you grow your business
Newsletter Sign Up
We write a new email each week to help you grow your business.
Let's take your online shop to the next level
The Shopify websites we design have a reputation for substantial improvements to ecommerce conversion rates and online sales. Let's talk!