** Applications for this role are now closed. **
Aeolidia is growing and we’re looking for a Web Project Manager to join our team! You might be the perfect fit for this full-time, remote position if you think quickly on your feet, have a knack for creative problem solving and revel in bringing a team together to exceed client expectations on each and every project.
Aeolidia is a “one stop shop” design agency that develops brands and creates story-centered ecommerce websites for designers, artisans, and curators that have made it past the startup phase. We pair our custom strategic Shopify websites with analytical insights to continually optimize clients’ sites, resulting in significant growth to their online retail sales.
Our employees are directly responsible for empowering awesome business owners to succeed, and are challenged with meaningful work that improves their particular skills. If this all sounds excellent to you, please keep reading to see if we might be a match to work together!
Aeolidia is a graphic design and web development agency that has been working with designer and artisan businesses since 2004. We’re the preeminent design team in our creative niche, and we dig deep into strategy based on information we get from each client’s website analytics while also truly understanding the branding part of it. We deliver a gorgeous AND powerful site every time.
A designer or artist’s story should be compelling to customers. We focus on storytelling for brands. This is about each business’s “why” and what makes them unique and irreplaceable to their perfect customers. Since we do business naming, brand vision and voice, brand graphic identity, copywriting, and photography in-house, we have the capability to craft a cohesive story without losing anything along the way.
We are a remote team of overachievers, united in our common goal of taking creative businesses to the next level by paving the way toward substantial increases to online sales.
Now Let’s Talk About You
As the Web Project Manager, you’re a leader, a creative problem solver, and a project manager all in one. You are energized by working with people and keeping projects moving forward. No stranger to delegation, your primary role is to oversee the entire creative process from start to finish. You’re a visionary who can clearly communicate ideas and expectations, as well as facilitate inspired and enthusiastic discussions, all while keeping the team focused and on track with project timelines and deadlines. Your clients’ success is your success – when they win, you win, too!
Here are just a few ways we see you being successful in the Web Project Manager role with Aeolidia:
You’re a Diligent Achiever
You work smartly to deliver a truly top notch experience to your clients. You seek unique solutions, meet each deadline, and just plain get things done. You are a reliable go-getter.
Capable, persistent, and resourceful, you never despair when you hit a roadblock or need to figure out something new. You give it a try, do the research, try try again, ask for help, test it out, succeed, then consider it a learning experience and a new tool in your kit.
You’re a Curious Learner
You know it would be easy to keep doing what has worked in the past, but you also know that technology changes quickly, each business is different, and what works in one case won’t be the best solution in others.
You stay abreast of advancements in design, technology, and each specialty area in your role. You value being at the top of your game, even as things change. You have big ideas, and you’re eager to figure out how to do them.
You’re a Humble Expert
It’s important that each member of our team approaches the client relationship from the mindset of a “doctor”—using their years of expertise and insight to prescribe the right solution. This is in sharp contrast to the “waiter” mentality of taking orders and doing what is asked of us.
You remember that each client knows their business better than you do, and that you have a lot to learn from them. You strike the balance by being authoritative but cooperative and open-minded. You are experienced and your role is to help guide your client down the path to their goal.
You are highly collaborative and function well within a team. You feel comfortable asking for help and being open about what you don’t yet know. And, in turn, eagerly show up and share the special knowledge you do have without being arrogant about it. You also facilitate a team environment where each member feels the same.
You’re a Positive Ally
You anticipate your clients’ needs and concerns, and take an active role in making them feel comfortable with their brand, their technology, and their next steps.
When you see a problem you can solve or help with, you leap to action to make progress toward a solution. You take as much responsibility for client dissatisfaction as you can, knowing that you’re the one guiding the relationship and setting expectations.
You find solutions that are more than just acceptable, but something the client is happy with, and that keeps your relationship with them on a good track.
You’re a Creative Supporter
Your work is meaningful to you. Making a website and getting money is not the satisfying part. You’re in this to watch your clients exceed their goals and feel proud to have contributed.
You care about and believe in your clients’ businesses. You have a personal connection that makes the journeys of designer and artisan businesses meaningful to you.
You understand, you relate to, you value and respect each client and their business. With every step on their project, you are aiming to propel your client to where they want to be next.
A Day in the Life
Now that we’ve covered what it’s like to work with Aeolidia, let’s chat about what you would be doing on an average day. The full-time Web Project Manager will work approximately 40 hours per week guiding the entire process for each of our client projects from start to finish. This includes gathering all needed information from our sales staff, communicating it to the team, creating and balancing realistic schedules between clients, and aligning scope and objectives with to-dos and milestones.
You will be responsible for a Client Care Specialist, a Project Assistant, and a team of designers and developers who each own a piece of the client project. You will be the main point of contact for each client, and your ultimate responsibility will be to guide your team toward reaching the desired outcomes of each project in a timely and cohesive manner, ensuring each client’s complete and total satisfaction and happiness.
Every position with Aeolidia is a remote one, meaning you get to work from wherever you are! This also means that you will be leading a remote team. There are no set schedules or hours. Flexible schedules that fit around your life are what we do best. However, of course we do expect all of our team members to meet their goals and project expectations, so we’ll have weekly meetings to check in on progress, celebrate successes and help clear roadblocks that have a tendency to pop up from time to time. We want to ensure you have every chance to be successful in this role and we’re committed to doing our part to make sure you are.
You’re a Great Fit For Our Team If:
- You can commit to working 40 hours per week.
- You have a reliable internet connection which allows you to work from anywhere.
- You’re an experienced and confident leader; you’ll be overseeing each client project, as well as the entire project team.
- You’re comfortable delegating, and discussing project goals and outcomes, such as overall vision, goals and design. You know how to set expectations and hold your team accountable.
- You have a desire to help your team succeed beyond their current roles. You thrive on identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to provide ongoing training that will help them grow.
- You understand how to give positive feedback and reinforcement, as well as constructive feedback for your team’s efforts and performance.
- You’re not someone who settles for the status quo. You continuously look for ways to improve and streamline the company’s processes.
- You love a good challenge and creatively solve problems while thinking quickly on your feet.
- You are an excellent video, phone, and written communicator, able to be clear and concise while also striking a friendly and approachable tone.
- You understand and appreciate the financial and timeline implications that each decision will have on a client project, as well as the company.
- You’ve been in a project manager role for at least two years.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative or business field.
- You’ve worked with and supported creative, small businesses.
Fun Perks to Look Forward To:
As part of the Aeolidia team, here are some benefits we will offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work position
- 3 weeks of paid vacation, more or less (we’re pretty laid back when it comes to taking time off)
- Major holidays are paid time off
- Freedom to take a reasonable number of paid personal days off – we’re family friendly
- Our virtual office is closed for two weeks during the winter holiday season
- Participation in a SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% annual company matching
- Reimbursement for phone and internet plans (based on position)
- Culture flexibility and freedom in decision making, problem solving, autonomous work environment, and ownership of your position and responsibilities
Salary for this role will be based upon your experience and education.
Aeolidia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
How to Apply
** Applications for this role are now closed. **