This is a part time contract position for a single large project. There is always work to do at Aeolidia, and anyone who excels at this job may be considered for future ongoing work.
Aeolidia is a “one stop shop” design agency that develops brands and creates story-centered ecommerce websites for designers, artisans, and curators, since 2004.
We are a remote team of overachievers, united in our common goal of taking creative businesses to the next level. Each person who works at Aeolidia embodies these characteristics:
- Diligent achiever: Committed to exceeding expectations on each and every project.
- Curious learner: Continuously improves skills and knowledge and challenges assumptions.
- Humble expert: Confident about own work, open-minded, and ego never gets in the way.
- Positive ally: Proactively takes responsibility and finds win-win solutions.
- Creative supporter: Enthusiastic about helping small designer businesses succeed.
A Day in the Life
As our Web Content Coordinator, you will be assisting Arianne, our Captain & Founder, with populating our newly redesigned website with up to date content. Our website has 144 pages, 443 blog posts, and 219 portfolio projects, in various states of publication (some old/hidden, some draft, some live). We’ll be working to bring the most relevant content over to the new site, bringing it up to date, and removing what is not needed. It’s important during this project to keep good track of URLs and make sure all needed redirects are in place to keep Google happy with us.
While this is not a graphic design job, it will be important for you to understand the fundamentals of using and optimizing graphics for the web. Your marketing copywriting skills should be top notch, and you should feel comfortable using WordPress and social media scheduling software.
This project will likely take a few months, and we can be flexible about the number of hours worked per week, anywhere from 10 to 40. There is a potential for ongoing work maintaining and adding to the site content and keeping up with social media posting, particularly for job candidates who are great marketing copywriters.
This role includes these responsibilities:
Managing the project:
- Creating a method to keep track of the status of each page, post, and portfolio piece on the site
- Prioritizing the content that must be ready before launch, and what can be improved post-launch
- Working with the team to determine what new content needs to be added to the portfolio
- Coordinating work with the Aeolidia team (to gather content) and Aeolidia clients (to approve content)
- Communicating with the web developer regarding any questions or issues
- Reporting regularly to Arianne on where we’re at and what’s next
Preparing content for our new website:
- Optimize the file size of new portfolio graphics and upload to WordPress
- Gather text and details and create new portfolio posts in WordPress
- Move content from existing portfolio posts to new format – resize all graphics and thumbs
- Save extraneous text from old portfolio pieces to create future blog posts from
- Write and schedule social media posts around new and favorite portfolio pieces, using CoSchedule
- Format and prep blog posts for publish – fill out all fields, tag, categorize, SEO score
- Review 400+ blog posts to remove outdated graphics and old content upgrades
- Review 100+ pages to either move and update or delete them
- Work with our stats analyst and past clients to create “results” info that’s approved to share
- Move new content written for the site from Google Docs to WordPress
- Create new thumbnails for downloadable content on the site, using our graphic template
Rebranding our digital documents:
- Move our old PDFs into the rebranded template
- Adjust our existing Google Drive templates to use new template
- Adjust our existing client resource Google Docs to use new template
Auditing and adjusting content for SEO
- Review stats to create list of best-performing blog posts to improve and update
- Review stats to create list of worst-performing blog posts to remove or reuse
- Improve and adjust blog posts from the above two lists
- Find duplicate blog content and merge it into one post, redirecting URLs
- Review all Pages on site to see which are still in use and should be moved to new site
You’re a Great Fit If
You might be the perfect fit for this part-time, remote contract position if you have experience with content marketing, are skilled at writing marketing copy in a friendly, expert voice, and are familiar with the needs of ecommerce businesses. You’re a good match if:
- You can commit to working 10-40 hours per week.
- You have a reliable internet connection which allows you to work from anywhere.
- You’re prepared to help us move a huge website to a new template.
- You’re not someone who settles for the status quo. You continuously look for ways to improve and streamline our processes.
- You’ve developed website, blog, and social media content.
- You’re experienced with using WordPress.
- You’re comfortable in Google Drive and using Google Docs
- You’re comfortable using social media and blogging scheduling tools.
- You can work in common graphics programs to resize and optimize images.
- You’re a good communicator who can coordinate content gathering across a team of remote workers.
- You’re extremely organized and can keep track of the status, decisions, and next steps for hundreds of pieces of content.
- You’ve been in a content marketing role for at least two (2) years.
- You have experience analyzing stats to make content decisions.
- You have some basic knowledge of SEO best practices
- You have experience working with ecommerce businesses.
- You’ve worked with and supported creative, small businesses.
Perks & Benefits
As part of the Aeolidia team, here are some benefits we will offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work position
- A culture of flexibility and freedom in decision making, problem solving, autonomous work environment, and ownership of your position and responsibilities
We will discuss an hourly rate for this role with you.
Aeolidia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
How to Apply
The application will be available until we fill the position. Fill out the job application form on the next page:
P.S. If you’re not interested in or available for this position, but know someone who might be, we would really appreciate it if you passed this along!