This is a part time contract position, with room for growth.
Aeolidia is a “one stop shop” design agency that develops brands and creates story-centered ecommerce websites for designers, artisans, and curators, since 2004.
We are a remote team of overachievers, united in our common goal of taking creative businesses to the next level. Each person who works at Aeolidia embodies these characteristics:
- Diligent achiever: Committed to exceeding expectations on each and every project.
- Curious learner: Continuously improves skills and knowledge and challenges assumptions.
- Humble expert: Confident about own work, open-minded, and ego never gets in the way.
- Positive ally: Proactively takes responsibility and finds win-win solutions.
- Creative supporter: Enthusiastic about helping small designer businesses succeed.
A Day in the Life
As the Brand Strategist for our clients, you’re a critical part of the foundational work that goes into our design projects, and will work closely with multiple project teams and clients at a time to make sure the brand’s voice and messaging are consistent and carried through all deliverables.
While this is not a graphic design job, it will be important for you to be creative and well versed in graphic design, with a good eye for what works and what is fitting based on what you know about each brand. Your communication and writing skills should be top notch, and you will be writing marketing copy directly for our clients as well as writing presentations and brand guideline documents.
Now that we’ve covered what it’s like to work with Aeolidia, let’s chat about what you would be doing on an average day. The part-time Brand Strategist will begin by working approximately 5 hours per week developing and differentiating the fundamentals of our clients’ brands. This position could grow as more clients opt for this service.
Brand Strategist responsibilities include reviewing all content received from clients, analyzing consumer data, developing branding strategy that differentiates our clients from their competitors, and creating guidelines to direct all marketing communication from the brand.
You will gather information from each client, conduct competitive research, and analyze stats to define positioning and craft a differentiation strategy. You will present strategies and recommendations to each client, then develop guidelines that define each company’s voice and vision based on their mission, values, and target customer.
Ultimately, we would like you to help our clients develop their brand’s story. You will seek to deliver ideas and concepts that set each client apart from competitors, and prepare them for success in their niche. You will determine each client’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve their brand positioning, then call in our team to deliver on your strategy.
You will need to successfully collaborate with our project teams, including brand and web designers, copywriters, and photographers. You will act as brand advocate throughout the content creation, design, and development phases of the project, directing, overseeing, and approving creative elements to ensure that all deliverables align with the brand strategy and guidelines.
Your brand strategy deliverables will include the details you’ve developed with each client for their brand: mission, vision, values, voice, tone, target customer profiles, etc. They will also include deliverables from our design team (logo, typefaces, color schemes, graphics, patterns) and content team (photography and copywriting). These files and documents will include guidelines and tutorials for both our team and the client’s team to use their brand consistently and effectively both online and off.
You’re a Great Fit If
You might be the perfect fit for this part-time, remote contract position if you think creatively, analytically, and strategically to develop powerful storytelling for brands.
- You can commit to working 5 hours per week, and are interested in growing the role.
- You have a reliable internet connection which allows you to work from anywhere.
- You’re prepared to help us develop a brand strategy process for clients.
- You’re not someone who settles for the status quo. You continuously look for ways to improve and streamline our processes.
- You are an excellent big-picture strategic thinker.
- You have experience creating brands for retail products.
- You are a skilled communicator who works one-on-one with clients.
- You have an understanding of marketing analytics and KPIs
- You’re experienced with competitor analysis, audience segmentation, and user testing.
- You’ve developed email marketing, social media, and blog content.
- You’ve been in a brand strategy role for at least five (5) years.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative or marketing field.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
- You have experience working with ecommerce businesses.
- You’ve worked with and supported creative, small businesses.
Perks & Benefits
As part of the Aeolidia team, here are some benefits we will offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work position
- Our virtual office is closed for two weeks during the winter holiday season
- A culture of flexibility and freedom in decision making, problem solving, autonomous work environment, and ownership of your position and responsibilities
Flat and hourly rates for this role will be set per project.
Aeolidia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
How to Apply
- Apply by May 30, 2021. If you can’t meet this deadline, we probably aren’t a great match.
- Attach your resume in PDF format.
P.S. If you’re not interested in or available for this position, but know someone who might be, we would really appreciate it if you passed this along!