We are looking for a qualified Content Marketing Manager to plan and execute Aeolidia’s editorial calendar. You will be responsible for creating, editing, and updating content to communicate with potential customers. Your duties will also include social media management and statistical analysis.
This is a part time position, roughly 20 hours a week, which could grow to a full time position if your work is financially successful. We are open to hiring you and putting you on payroll or working with you in a contractor relationship. Pay corresponds with experience. Please include your salary expectation range below.
Aeolidia is a web and graphic design studio that has been setting up online shops for designers, makers, and other creatives since before Etsy launched. Aeolidia serves those at early stages on their path with an informative blog and supportive community, and meets established businesses at that tipping point where strategic design can be transformative and cause exponential growth.
Aeolidia is one of the highest ranked Shopify Experts listed on shopify.com, and Aeolidia client “alumni” include Emily McDowell, Rifle Paper Co., and the Renegade Craft Fair.
We are a remote team of about twenty overachievers, united in our common goal of taking creative businesses to the next level by clearing the way toward substantial increases to online sales.
You will work with a team of writers and content creators to get the word about Aeolidia out to the perfect people. This role includes strategy, writing, editing, and marketing tasks.
- Plan our editorial calendar using CoSchedule. Base posts around our schedule, recent design projects, and Arianne’s educational ideas.
- Collaborate with Aeolidia team, clients, and members of our community to gather content for blog posts. This will include quotes, interviews, testimonials, photos, graphics, research.
- Create, edit, and optimize graphics for the web.
- Assist in planning and organizing content for paid online courses.
Writing and editing:
- Write 1-2 blog posts per week about projects and services.
- Edit and proofread all blog posts, including those written by the Aeolidia team (2-3 posts total per week). Share suggested edits for approval, so we can improve our writing.
- Prepare each blog post to publish: categorizing, tagging, linking to related content, etc.
- Keep files and content organized for upcoming and published posts in Dropbox, CoSchedule and Evernote.
- Add weekly blog posts and portfolio links to the newsletter. Then edit, proofread and link check the newsletter content and schedule to publish.
- Ensure compliance with copyright law. Get permission to share content from and about clients and subscribers.
- Edit and proofread paid online course content.
- Add 8-15 completed projects to our portfolio every other month. Our designers provide most of the content.
- Plan an SEO strategy for each blog post.
- Use CoSchedule templates to plan multiple social media posts for each new blog post.
- Create strategic content for Facebook and monitor comments and messages. Advertise and boost posts, keeping the CPC low.
- Post third party small business articles to Facebook and Twitter, using and adding to our list of sources.
- Create strategic content for Instagram: size our portfolio graphics and plan slideshows posts. Paste quotes from my list into my quotes PSD template and schedule out. Feature businesses and get permission to share their photos. Create a strategy for Instagram stories.
- Schedule pins to our Pinterest boards using Boardbooster.
- Moderate our Facebook group. Add members, publish content, organize informational roundups to become blog posts, coordinate videos.
- Analyze stats using Google Analytics. Create monthly reports on how to optimize our content.
- Pitch and monitor guest post and collaboration ideas with bloggers who share a target audience.
- Share our blog posts with influencers and find ways to widen our net.
Please only apply if you can confidently say yes to everything below.
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with social media advertising
- Familiarity with influencers in our niche
- Knowledge of SEO and best practices for Google
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Good organizational and time-management skills
Apply for the job
Does this sound exactly like you? Then we’re looking forward to meeting you! Apply here:
Get More Traffic & Make More Sales
Grab your free PDF guide to making more money from your online shop. How to grow your traffic and improve conversion rate.