Aeolidia to the rescue!
Megan’s designs are original and hand-drawn with a sketchy nuanced quality to them – she adds these designs to apparel, home goods, paper goods and accessories, creating a shop that tickles your fancy and makes you smile. Megan contacted us when it was time to build a custom ecommerce website with an easy to use back-end, great organization, and inventory management. She told us:
I’ve been running my business part-time since 2003 and full-time since 2009. For my new website some of the areas I want to focus on are customization and a much easier to use back-end (easier to show open orders vs. shipped orders). If we had a website that allowed us to keep track of orders it would be fantastic and would save a lot of time. I also just want the feel of my company to be exhibited more clearly in the look of the website. A little less “template-y”…
Aeolidia to the rescue!
Sarah created a design for Megan which is full of personality, space and color. She brought in some of Megan’s own illustrative elements, telling Megan:
I created a sort of feather-fan using the peacock feathers from one of your drawings to give some attention to the header and banner and down at the footer I used your dancing unicorn and yetti to give some love to your instagram feed.
What Our Client Had to Say
Such a great experience — Aeolidia is a highly professional company that follows through on their promises. We absolutely love our website and are very excited to see where it can take us. Highly recommend!
ever since megan was a little girl, she liked touching soft things at stores. she was also super into art, so she got a degree in graphic design at kent state university, where she met erik, a super-organized dog lover. the couple moved to Chicago, where megan worked for a design firm while erik became a dog trainer.
it wasn’t long before their super powers combined.
in 2003, megan began creating designs that tickled her fancy and made her smile. she took a screen-printing class and fell in love with printing her illustrations on clothing. erik helped her lug stuff to craft shows, organize the early orders, and eventually got promoted to VP of running stuff. the company grew (first addition: heika, head of cute inspiration/cuddly dachshund) and grew (second and third additions: christine and another megan, both of whom are integral to M.L.D.) and grew(fourth addition: ivan, milk vampire/baby boy).
a few more things you should know about M.L.D…or that are simply fun to know:
1. some of the first MLD designs were our sock-dogs. you know, dogs made out of socks. it seemed only natural to start with the things we love.
2. we’re not perfect, but that’s kind of the point. megan’s designs are original and hand-drawn with a sketchy nuanced quality to them. we think things are more fun this way.
3. but we ARE perfectionists about other things. we are super pleased when you are super-pleased with all aspects of your experience with us. get in touch because we love hearing from you!
4. we’re told our clothing is really, really ridiculously soft. it’s because we cuddle it before shipping (just kidding…but only kinda).
5. all items are handmade with love in our studio space in berwyn, il.
Building your business online is a huge job. Stop struggling with it yourself!
Having a team of experts with their thinking caps on for your business is a feeling like no other. We are professional, punctual, and our clients tell us that our work is transformative.