Aeolidia is a web and graphic design studio that has been creating online shops for designers and makers since 2004. Aeolidia serves those at early stages on their path with an informative blog and supportive community, and meets established businesses at that tipping point where strategic design can be transformative and cause exponential growth.
Aeolidia is one of the highest ranked Shopify Experts listed on shopify.com, and the custom websites Aeolidia designs and develops have a reputation for transforming businesses, taking them to the next step, and resulting in substantial increases to online sales.
The Aeolidia studio is made up of carefully handpicked, resourceful designers, developers, and service providers who work together and communicate as a team. We are currently seeking a Customer Care & Project Support Assistant to assist the creative team and to act as the central client-facing liaison throughout each project.
- Full time position
- Salary commensurate with experience, possible range beginning at $38,000
- Remote work from any state in the USA
- Flexible hours
- Vacation time
- IRA with employer match
The Customer Care & Project Support Assistant works directly with each Aeolidia client throughout their project and collaborates with each client’s Aeolidia team throughout all phases of each project. The assistant’s goals are to keep existing internal processes in good working order, and to ensure the project deliverables are all accounted for, on time, in scope, and in budget.
Project content will be an important responsibility for this job, and will include helping the client gather and prepare content for us, providing our team access to the content each job requires, ensuring that content will help clients meet their goals, and gathering content at the end of projects to be used in Aeolidia marketing campaigns.
Aeolidia works with clients and contractors from around the world, and communication is primarily online, over the phone, or on Skype.
While there is room for flexibility in this remote work position, it is a full time, normal business hours role.
Customer care: serving as our client advocate and assistant:
- Walking the client through our process and how to use Basecamp, our online project management system
- Scheduling and leading weekly calls and/or online chats with each client to keep them apprised of status and what is expected from them
- Guiding clients in where and how to share content with us
- Taking notes, sharing your knowledge of the client’s business, and reporting back to the client with our strategy suggestions after internal project planning meetings
- Working to keep the clients in good spirits from start to finish (and the team, too!)
- Assisting to turn things around in the event that a client becomes dissatisfied with anything
Project support: serving to assist with project coordination:
- Setting up and organizing projects in Basecamp: to-dos, timeline, assigning tasks, posting instructions
- Ensuring that client content is shared with the right people on our team on time
- Communicating with internal teams and monitoring progress and workload
- Supervising internal systems to maintain efficient project delivery
- Assuring that all project deliverables are accounted for and approved by client
- Proofreading project deliverables (web copy, print work)
- Taking notes and reporting back to us after internal project postmortem meetings
- Creating statistical reports about project process (scope changes, timeline changes, client satisfaction) across all projects
- Compiling project info and graphics for Aeolidia marketing and portfolio
- Communicating the interesting details about each project to our blog and social media content creators (with potential to write client/portfolio posts on the Aeolidia blog)
- Organizing project files on Basecamp and Dropbox
- Suggesting and carrying out process changes, including adjusting project procedures, tutorials, form letters, proposal language, and client paperwork
- “People person!” able to inspire confidence, bring cheer, smooth over rough patches and have Radical Candor-style conversations
- Excellent communication skills, able to work effectively with clients over email and phone, on conference calls and screenshare calls
- Able to assist with around 20 clients/projects in different phases simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, self motivated problem solver
- Near-obsessive organizational skills
- Quick learner, able to quickly master new software
- Experience using web-based administrative tools and software
- Experience coordinating clients and teams
- Customer service experience
- General experience with Basecamp, WordPress, and Shopify
- Preparing graphics for the web (sizing, editing, optimizing, uploading)
- Writing for the web (authoring blog articles)